Councillors are hereby summoned to attend the Meeting of the GORSLEY & KILCOT PARISH COUNCIL to be held in the Upper Room at Christ Church for the purpose of transacting the following business at 7.30pm on Monday 8th January 2018.
Margaret J Highton (Mrs) Dated2nd January 2018
Clerk to Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council
Members of the Public are invited to address the Council at 7.30pm on matters on the agenda. (Public to speak for a maximum of 3 minutes each with the Public Session being no longer than 30 minutes)
1. To receive the Apologies for Absence
2. To receive Declaration of Interests in items on the agenda
3. To receive any requests for dispensations re items on the agenda
4. To agree minutes of Council meeting on 4th December 2017
5. To receive a report from the Clerk on actions requested in the minutes dated 4th December not covered elsewhere in the agenda including action tracker- FOR INFORMATION ONLY
6. To consider co-operation of Parish Councillor
7. To receive update on community action re the closure of Gorsley Post Office
8. To consider implications of Data Protection Act on 2018/2019 Budget and Precept
9. B4221 and Related Matters:
a) To receive a response from Gloucestershire County Council re diversion during resurfacing work
b) To consider a letter to Gloucestershire County Council re Ford Lane and “Unsuitable for HGV’s” Sign
c) To receive an update from Rhodri Grey re Highway Matters including Oxenhall Lane ford and drainage work, and consider action including contribution to drainage scheme.
d) To report on the Speedwatch Training and consider a date for using the equipment
e) To consider the use of Mobile VAS in the parish and action required.
f) To consider the parish’s response to the snow in December and action required.
10. Financial Matters:
a) To agree payments as per Cheque Approval Sheet
b) To consider an amended Budget for 2018/2019
c) To consider and approve Precept for 2018/2019
11. Planning Matters:
a) To consider progress of enforcement action required in parish including response to letter sent to Forest of Dean District Council
b) To receive planning decisions
12. To consider organising a Community Dementia Awareness session.
13. To consider a Newsletter in March
14. To consider the date of the Annual Parish Meeting
15. To consider Clerk’s Attendance at Parish Mapping Training on 24th January
16. To review Standing Orders
17. To review Financial Risks including Employers Issues, Financial Risk Assessment and Financial Regulations
18. Toreceive items for the March meeting’s agenda
19. Councillors’/Clerk’s Submissions – FOR INFORMATION ONLY
PLANNING APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING BY THE PUBLIC FROM 7.15PM ON THE NIGHT AND BY APPOINTMENT WITH THE CLERK (Mrs Margaret Highton 01531 820245) AT CHRIST CHURCH GORSLEY
ALL MEETINGS OF THE COUNCIL ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND PRESS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ITEMS CONSIDERED UNDER STANDING ORDER 1C
All meetings can be moved downstairs if stairs are an obstacle to attendance at a meeting or a Loop System is required. A wheelchair ramp can be provided to access the church.
“Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety and Human Rights.”