Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting of Gorsley & Kilcot held on Monday 23rd May 2016 at 7.30pm in Christ Church Gorsley
Present: 10 parishioners including 5 Parish Councillors
In attendance: Mrs Margaret Highton (Clerk to Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council) and Rev Simon Mason.
Cllr. Nigel Warwick chaired the meeting and welcomed everybody to the meeting.
1. Apologies for absence were accepted from Martyn and Sarah Davy, Steve Gooch, Jim and Viv Ferguson, Peter Hines, Cllr. Claire Barker and PC Rob Mortimer
All Reports and the minutes of the 2015 Annual Parish Meeting had been available in Christ Church for the previous week and were taken as read.
2. The approval of the minutes of the 2015 Annual Parish Meeting were proposed by Rev Simon Mason seconded by Cllr. David Clough and agreed unanimously.
3. The following reports were taken as read:
a) Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council Report: There were no questions.
b) Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council Financial Report: There were no questions.
c) Gorsley & District Preservation Group: There were no questions.
d) Village Agents: There were no questions but8 Liz Price highlighted that the two biggest issues are Transport and Dementia.
4. Report from the Police: This was available at the meeting and there were no questions
5. Report from District Cllr. Craig Lawton and County Councillor Will Windsor-Clive: These councillors had been asked for reports but the Clerk had received no report and neither councillor was at the meeting.
6. Public Questions:
a) Faster Broadband – Cllr. Nigel Warwick is going to a meeting on 25th May. Cabinet 2 at Kilcot Cross is still not operative. Rev. Simon Mason advised the meeting that the job is considered complete by BT when the cabinet is available for use. Cllr. Nigel Warwick will ask at his meeting “What do Fastershire consider as completion?”
As there was no further business, the meeting was closed at 7.46pm.