Minutes - 10th July 2017

Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council

Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 10th July 2017 at 7.30pm

in Upper Room Christ Church Gorsley

  1. Present:Nigel Poole, Cllr. Graham Price and Cllr Neil Price.

In attendance: Mrs Margaret Highton (Clerk)

  1. Apologies for absence: None

  1. Declaration of Interest: None

  1. 4.Requests for Dispensations: There have been no requests.

  1. 5.Co-option of Councillors: Nobody had come forward although a parishioner had said that they might be interested in September. ACTION: All councillors to continue to seek a volunteer to become a Parish Councillor.

  1. 6.Minutes

  1. Report from the Clerk on actions requested in the Minutes dated 8th & 15th July not covered elsewhere in the agenda and Action Tracker: The Action Tracker had been circulated to all councillors and can be seen at the end of these minutes. The Clerk reported that Buildbase hoped to get the defibrillator installed in the near future.

  1. 8.Work on Kilcot Green: The Clerk had received 3 quotes for the Tree Safety work ranging from £1445 plus VAT to £2000 plus VAT. Cllr. David Clough proposed and Cllr. Graham Price seconded that we should ask Joe Brant to do the work. ACTION: Clerk to contact all contractors with the Parish Council’s decision.

  1. Website: Paul Waterhouse has not had internet at his home for weeks but had manged to place all items necessary for Transparency on to the website. The Parish Council agreed to use the rest of the funds in the Transparency Grant to be used to train the Clerk and other councillors if possible.

  1. 10.Financial Matters:
    1. a)Payments made in the last two months and accounts to be paid:
    2. b)Internal Auditor’s Report: The report had been circulated to all councillors and the Clerk went through the Internal Auditor’s Report at the meeting and the comments were noted
    3. c)Token of thanks to Vicky Roberts: It was agreed to send a thank you card to Vicky Roberts who had monitored the emails while the Clerk was away.
    4. d)Response to TU Pay Claim: The email from GAPTC had been circulated about a 5% pay rise for all local Government Officers: Councillors decided to make “No Comment”
    5. e)Transparency Grant 2017/18:
    6. f)Neighbourhood Watch request for funds: A request had been received from Neighbourhood Watch for funds to help with their newsletter. As Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council circulate the newsletter by email and are happy to photocopy any other copies necessary, it was decided not to grant Neighbourhood Watch any funds.

  1. 11.B4221 and related Matters:
    1. a)Resurfacing/Patching of B4221: The work had been done and it was felt that a thank you should be written to Rhodri Grey. The only problems were to do with the including confusing division signs, 110 vehicles turned back at Burrups Lane on the first morning and HGV getting stuck in Ford Lane. A parishioner had reported the problem in Ford Lane but received no response yet from Gloucestershire County Council. The recent Highways Guide said that Parish Councils would be offered site visits for major projects so Clerk was asked to write to Rhodri Grey with the thank you but pointing out the problems with the diversion and that no site visit was offered. . ACTION: Clerk to write to Rhodri Grey
    2. b)Verge Cutting: Brockmore Lane and Stoney Lane have not been mown as agreed by Rhodri Grey. The verge cutting was only done along fields with the operator raising the cutter passing houses. Numerous reflector posts were mown down or damaged.: ACTION: Clerk to write to Rhodri Grey
    3. c)Other Highway matters: Nothing has been heard about Bus Stop Refuge at Kilcot Cross Layby, Oxenhall Lane Ford or Drainage at Normanhurst so Clerk asked to write to Rhodri Grey. ACTION: Clerk to write to Rhodri Grey
  1. 12.Planning Matters:
    1. a)Tree Preservation order granted on land south of Ross Road Gorsley: Clerk told the councillors the details of the Tree Preservation Order and this was noted.
    2. b)Planning decisions: Approval given for the change of use of agricultural buildings to three residential buildings at Ford Farm Poultry Sheds using Class C3. Permission given for Removal of condition F (agricultural occupancy) of planning permission G4650 at Spring Bank Ross Road. Completion of conversion of former storage building to dwelling (Revision to extant permission for the conversion to a holiday let DF. 9438/M) at Brookfield Cottage, Sterrys Lane has been refused. The Parish Council expressed surprise at the refusal of change of use for Brookfield Cottage'.
    3. c)Enforcement matters: No update has been received although the enforcement officer had stated that he would send an update by the date of the meeting. ACTION: Clerk to write to Forest of Dean District Council re outstanding enforcement matters.

 

  1. Clerk’s Attendance to training on Stress Management: After a discussion, Cllr. David Clough proposed and Cllr. Claire Barker seconded and it was agreed unanimously that the Clerk could attend a SLCC meeting with training on Stress management at a cost of £12.50.

  1. Risk Assessment re Common Land and Footpath Clearing: The Risk Assessments had been circulated to all councillors. Cllr Neil Price and seconded by Cllr. Nigel Warwick and agreed unanimously that the risk assessments are reviewed and agreed without changes.
  1. 15.Closure of Gorsley Post Office: The Clerk had received a copy of letter sent to Linton PC stating that Gorsley Post Office will close on Thursday 24th August. The clerk had received an email from Andrew Gardiner (Trustee, Gorsley Baptist Church) asking if the Parish Council would join a meeting of community representatives to collectively pursue the options to fill the void that will be left and to arrange a collection for a retirement present for Gordon and Diane Martin. It was agreed that the Parish Council will attend the meeting of community representatives and will help with the collection. ACTION Clerk to contact Andrew Gardiner

  1. Items for the next meeting’s agenda:
    1. a)District Cllr. Craig Lawton
    2. b)Request presence of police to discuss upsurge in rural crime.

  1. Councillors’ and Clerk’s submissions – for information only: Declaration of Compliance had been sent to Pension Regulator. It was agreed that Flood Wardens were not needed in the parish. No one is able to attend the GAPTC AGM.

 

As there was no further business, the meeting was closed.

Subject

Date of latest action in minutes

Details

Status

Delegated to

Gloucestershire County Council’s consultation on Definitive Map Modification Order re Spring Wood

09/05/16 21)

After 10 years, Gloucestershire County Council decided on Modification Order re Spring Wood. Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council sent letter of objection in March 2016

Uncontested Modification order will be dealt with first. 8/9/16 – Spoke to Juliette Walker – Could be another 9/12 months. PC will be contacted when it is considered.

Cllr. Nigel Warwick/Clerk

Defibrillator Grant

14/11/2016 10)

Grant of £500 agreed by Forest of Dean District Council. Buildbase agreed to house equipment

Defibrillator ordered 11/12 and arrived 09/01/2017 On 2/5 Buildbase advised Clerk electrics have been installed and they will use their contractor to fit it at no cost to Parish Council. 03/07/17 Fitting to take place asap Defibrillator awareness session took place on 4/5/2017. Grant received April 2017

Clerk

Weight Limit on B4222

14/11/2016 9 d)

09/01/17 12 b)

Herefordshire Council written to, to request the Weight Limit. It has been considered and placed on the list.

Toolkit for list promised by HC. Tool Kit sent to Clerk by Email on 4/10 and sent to P Cllrs in 11/2016 Letter sent to Amey on 6/1 re signs at Kempley Road Reply rec’s 14/02 RG said 28/04 that Gloucestershire County Council would give a TRO due consideration.

Cllr. Nigel Warwick

Drainage at B4222/B4221 Junction

14/11/2016 9 a)

9/01/17 12 a)

Blocked drain and pool of water whenever it rains heavily as gully not in right place

Meeting with Drainage team and RG 02/03. New gullies to be fitted on Aston Ingham road and other work on junction to be done after Catchment survey and gulley survey done. RG advised Clerk that work would be done after resurfacing.

Cllr. Nigel Warwick

Resurfacing of B4221

14/11/16 9 a)

Clerk advised that Resurfacing of rest of B4221 is due to be done in 2016/2017 subject to Budget

Resurfacing due to be done May 2017.

Resurfacing done in May 2017

Clerk

EN/0234/16 Land at the junction of Mill Lane and Ford Lane

14/11/2016 11 a)

Report of cars and other scrap on field.

Enforcement officer reported 12/04: Also visited the site on 11 January 2017. Found three scrap vehicles in field. Letter has been written and sent today to the owners requesting removal of vehicles - 28 days for compliance. Enforcement officer written to 03/07 asking for update.

Clerk

Subject

Date of latest action in minutes

Details

Status

Delegated to

Bus Stop Refuge at Kilcot Cross

14/11/2016 9 a)

New refuge for Bus Passengers at Kilcot Cross layby after site visit with Johnathan Roberts and RSP

Rhodri Grey shown layby on site meeting on 21/09 and agreed it was necessary. RG written to 15/11 asking for design of refuge RG asked JR to update PC on design on 09/01/17 Chased by RG on 03/03 Will be done when Integrated Transport has funds.

Clerk

Footways

14/11/2016 9 a)

Email received from GDPG on 22/05/2016

Work done from Old School House to County boundary. RG written to on 15/11 re Church to Old School House and weed killing necessary Church to Old School House done 09/01 RG asked Lengsthman to weed kill for 04/17

Clerk advised RG about weed killing needed on 04/03

Clerk

EN/0456/11 – Mr Harper’s land at Kempley Road

14/11/2016 11 a)

Forest of Dean District Council issued an Enforcement Notice on 22 March 2016 against the authorised use for the storage of machinery, etc. in the field at Little Bull Hill, Kempley Road, Gorsley

Enforcement officer reported 12/04: The site was visited on 11 January 2017. Horse shelter in the field, including one heavy goods flat-bed trailer and two items of builders’ equipment stored on the land.   Letter is to be written to the owners requesting compliance. A 14 day deadline will be given.  This letter will be sent tomorrow. Enforcement officer written to 09/05 & 03/07 asking for update

Clerk

EN/0213/15 – Box Bush Barns

14/11/2016 11 a)

A Breach of Condition Notice as holiday let was being used as a residential Unit was issued on 14 February 2011, which means that the clock stopped for the unit to potentially become lawful.

Enforcement officer reported 12/04: There is a complex history relating to this site that includes the Council issuing a Breach of Condition Notice in 2011 against use of holiday unit as residential dwelling.   A further site inspection is schedule for the 19th April 2017 .  However, due to the on-going investigations it would not be prudent for me to expand beyond this at this stage without potentially prejudicing future action, which I trust you will appreciate.   Enforcement officer written to 9/05 and 03/07asking for update

Clerk

Subject

Date of latest action in minutes

Details

Status

Delegated to

Land opposite the Poplars

9/0117 21 a)

Hedge has been removed plus many trees from field. Only access is on Restricted Byway

Reported to EO and PROW on 6/12 PROW not willing to do anything at present . Enforcement officer reported 12/04: Several site visits have been undertaken to this site and investigation are ongoing to establish whether a breach of The Hedgerow Legislation 1997 has occurred in this instance. Again, due to the on-going investigations it would not be prudent for me to expand beyond this at this stage without potentially prejudicing future action, which I trust you will appreciate. Enforcement officer written to 9/05 and 03/07 asking for update

Cllr. Graham Price /Clerk

Ford in Oxenhall Lane

14/11/2016 11 a)

Ford gets very slippery due to algae

RG saw the Ford on his site visit on 21/09. Response received on 14/11 -

There may be an opportunity here to provide a more robust crossing facility for pedestrians and cyclist. This could also be a highways local job with member funding in the next financial year. RG – 09/01/17 Looking at scheme and will advise PC for comment when a solution is decided. Chased 30/1 RG spoken to – 02/03 Newent Cycling Club via Martyn Davy advised 06/02

Clerk

Clearing of Class 4 roads

Brockmore Lane/Stony Lane

14/11/2016 11 a)

Both these Class 4 Roads need clearing

RG saw Brockmore Lane on his site visit on 21/09. Response received on 14/11 -

This could be done in partnership with the County Councillor and his highways local’s budget. PC wrote back saying they were disappointed with this response

RG – 09/01/2017-Chris H being asked to arrange a work ticket re mowing Thanked 30/1 Brockmore Lane checked 05/07/2017 and not mowen

Clerk

Subject

Date of latest action in minutes

Details

Status

Delegated to

Registration of Common Land

09/01/17 11)

Council agreed to register Kilcot Green and Aston Common

Documents sent to Roger Taylor at Hedleys Solicitors in January 2017

Clerk

Tree Safety Survey

06/03/17 8)

Tree Safety Survey needed to be undertaken and then any work needed to be done.

Three quotes received and Jim Urwin chosen. Jim Urwin looked at trees – 28/04 Survey received 09/05 Three request for quotes for Safety work sent 17/05 Two received by 03/07. Third contractor chased 04/07

Clerk

Balance at Bank 31 March 2017            
Current Account       7811.99    
Less Outstanding cheque       233.20   7578.79
             
2017/2018            
Precept       5279.00    
Defibrillator Grant   )   500.00    
Co-op Interest       65.09   5844.09
            13422.88
Expenditure to end June 2017            
Staff Costs       521.59    
Stationery & Postage       10.44    
Insurance       203.97    
Newsletter       40.00    
Subscriptions       103.79    
Website       19.18    
Agm Expenses       17.26    
Tree Safety Survey       250.00    
VAT       55.60   1221.83
            12201.05
Bank Reconciliation            
Closing balances end June 2017            
Current Account           12,201.05
Approval Required July 2017 Chq No Power Budget Amount   Included in Figures above
BJ Urwin - Tree Safety Survey 500170 LGA 1892 s 8(1)(i) Amenities 300.00   Yes
Parish Online 500171 LGA 1972 s111 Admin 33.60   Yes
GRCC 500172 LGA 1972 s111 Admin 25.00   No
GAPTC 500173 LGA 1972 s111 Other Training 40.00   No
GAPTC 500173 LGA 1972 s111 Admin 168.45   No
Forest of Dean District Council -Road S 500174 LGA 1972 S 137 Other Grants 25.00   No
Clerk's Expenses 500175 LG(FP)A 1963 S 5 Staff Costs 47.90   No
Clerk's salary SO LGA 1972 s 112(2) Staff Costs 235.54   Yes
Nigel Warwick - Chairman            
Margaret Highton - RFO            
             
             
             
             
             

Clerk to Parish Council

Margaret Highton
01531 820245
Mobile: 07581 312585
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Chairman

Nigel Warwick
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.