Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 4th December 2017 at 6.30pm
in Upper Room Christ Church Gorsley
Present:Cllr. Nigel Warwick, Cllr. Claire Barker, Cllr Nigel Poole, Cllr Catherine Gardnerand Cllr. Graham Price.
In attendance: Mrs Margaret Highton (Clerk)
1. Apologies for absence: Cllr. David Clough
2. Declaration of Interest: There were none.
3. Requests for Dispensations:There have been no requests.
4. Minutes of the meeting on 13th November had been circulated. Cllr. Claire Barker proposed, Cllr. Catherine Gardner seconded, and it was agreed unanimously that the Chairman should sign the minutes of 13 May. as a true and correct record.
5. Report from the Clerk on actions requested in the Minutes dated 8th May not covered elsewhere in the agenda: Clerk had nothing to report.
a) Planning Application: Oak House Aston Ingham Road Kilcot Newent: Conversion and alterations to existing stables to form annexed accommodation for dependent relatives – After a discussion, Cllr. Nigel Warwick proposed and Cllr. Graham Price seconded that the Parish Council response should be “The site is in an area where permission would not normally be granted for permanent residential accommodation as it is outside the Settlement Boundary; however Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council has sympathies with the applicant’s request and therefore has no objections to the application. Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council would like it noted that there are two pieces of incorrect information on the application form: Section 10: The site can be clearly seen from a Class 4 road Wood Lane/Stony Lane.Section 11: Description of Walls is stated to be Board. The back wall of the stable block is Stone and this is also shown in the application’s drawings as Stone.”
b) Planning Appeal: Brookfield Cottage, Sterrys Lane Gorsley: Completion of conversion of former storage building to dwelling (revision to extent permission for the conversion to a holiday let DF 9438/M) – After a discussion it was decided that no further representation would be made. The Parish Council’s comments to Forest of Dean District Council would be passed to the Planning Inspector.
7. Councillors’ and Clerk’s submissions – for information only: None
As there was no further business, the meeting was closed.