Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 2nd July 2018 at 7.30pm
in Upper Room Christ Church Gorsley
Present: Cllr. Nigel Warwick, Cllr. David Clough, Cllr. Graham Price, and Cllr Nigel Poole,
In attendance: Mrs Margaret Highton (Clerk)
- Apologies for absence:
- Declaration of Interest: None
- 3.Requests for Dispensations: There had been no requests.
- Report from the Clerk on actions requested in the Minutes dated 8th January and 5th February not covered elsewhere in the agenda and Action Tracker: The Action Tracker had been circulated to all councillors. The Clerk reported:
- a) She is meeting Suzanne Hope on 11th July concerning the footpaths. The landowner at Brierley Hill Had agreed to put the entrance into Kilcot Wood back to its original place. Notices re “No Horses” were being placed in Kilcot Wood. The Clerk would talk to Suzanne Hope about footpaths in Kilcot Wood that appear on the Ordnance Survey map but appear to be blocked and the footpath across Haygrove’s land that is blocked. It is believed that a footpath diversion may be requested.
- b)Cllr harry Bramer was spoken to at the Linton APM and has offered his support to a weight limit on B4222; albeit as a lower priority than a 20mph speed limit at Gorsley Goffs. A letter had been written to Herefordshire Council asking for an update.
- Co-option of Councillor: No progress had been made. Councillors reminded to look for a suitable candidate. ACTION: Councillors and Clerk to look for a new Councillor.
- 7.B4221 and related Matters:
- a)Update on meeting with Andrew Middlecote re Highway Matters including drainage Work at B4222/B4221 Junction: A response had been received from Andrew Middlecote. There is no budget to do the drainage work at B4221/B4222 junction in 2018/2019; councillors asked Clerk to seek a scope of proposed work from Andrew Middlecote. No safety defect has been found at the grid near Old School House on B4221, so Councillors decided to keep this on hold in case there is an accident at the location. The gullies at Stoney Road/ B4221 junction have been dug out. Gullies at the junction of B4221/Burrups Lane have been cleansed. Councillors asked Clerk to write to Andrew Middlecote requesting that a standard gully is required at this location as mesh over a hole is not sufficient. ACTION: Clerk to write to Andrew Middlecote
- b) Speedwatch Training: It was agreed that the Clerk should contact PCSO Sue Pritchard re having the Speedwatch equipment after 14th September. ACTION: Clerk to contact PCSO Sue Pritchard
- c)Road Review: Clerk had composed a road review from Parish Councillors comments on the roads in the parish. She is still awaiting one Parish Councillor’s report. It was felt that the ruts in Kempley Road, ridging in Aston Ingham Road and the Conigree/B4221 junction were the priorities. ACTION Clerk to write to Highways Manager with review of roads.
- 8.Financial Matters:
- a)Payments made in the last two months and accounts to be paid: , Cllr. Nigel Poole seconded, and it was agreed unanimously that the payments on the sheet attached to these minutes could be made in accordance with the budget.
- b)Lead Member for Finance Report:
- 9.Planning Matters:
- Planning Application: Land at Lovers Walk Gorsley Ross-On-Wye Herefordshire - Outline planning application for 9 proposed dwellings with all matters reserved except access and layout. It is not needed –
- Enforcement matters: Alistair Chapman had contacted the Parish Council to say that that a Hedgerow Replacement Notice is going to be served on the owner of the land opposite The Poplars. The need for the original ditch to be reinstated also needed to be highlighted to FODDC. No response has been received from the Enforcement Officer at Forest of Dean District Council re the other matters. Clerk asked to write to Enforcement Officer re hard-core placed at back of building. ACTION: Clerk to write to Forest of Dean District Council.
- Planning Appeal Decisions: Approved: Brookfield Cottage Sterrys Lane Gorsley: Discharge of condition 03 (vehicular access) of planning appeal APP/A1615/W/17/3180487 and Briery Hill House: Prior notification for the erection of an agricultural storage building.
- General Data Protection Registration: after a discussion, Cllr. Nigel Warwick proposed, Cllr Nigel Poole seconded, and it was agreed unanimously that Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council would act as Data Controller and the Clerk as Data Processor. Privacy Polices for Public and Clerk and Councillors with a Data protection Policy had been circulated to all Councillors. Cllr. Nigel Warwick proposed and Cllr Nigel Poole and it was agreed unanimously that the three policies should be adopted.
- 11.Media Policy and Code of Conduct: These had been circulated to all Councillors/ Cllr. Graham Price proposed and Cllr. David Clough seconded and it was agreed unanimously that the Media Policy and the Code of Conduct, after being tidied up should be re-approved.
- 12.Items for the next meeting’s agenda: Speedwatch
- Councillors’ and Clerk’s submissions – for information only: Cllr. Nigel Warwick gave his apologises for the next meeting on 3rd September