Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 3rd December 2018 at 6.30pm
in Upper Room Christ Church Gorsley
Present: Cllr. Nigel Warwick, Cllr. Nigel Poole, Cllr Catherine Gardner and Cllr. David Clough.
In attendance: Mrs Margaret Highton (Clerk) and 2 members of the public
- Apologies for absence:
- Declaration of Interest: There were none.
- 3.Requests for Dispensations: There have been no requests.
- Report from the Clerk on actions requested in the Minutes dated 5th November not covered elsewhere in the agenda plus Action Tracker: There had been no significant changes to the Action Tracker circulated to all councillors in November and Clerk had nothing further to report.
The meeting was closed for public comment
- Geoff and Josh Wheeler introduced themselves as members of Cheltenham Motor Club. Cheltenham Motor Club are organising a Motor Rally on 7th September that will be on public roads and go through the Parish. There will be 6 stages to the rally, 5 on Public Roads and 1 at Eastnor Castle Deer Park. There will be 60 to 120 cars taking place and each stage will be 3 loops of the same route. Marshalls will close off each area from 30 minutes before the first car arrives until after the steward’s car has left. House owners on the stages will be kept informed and given passes so they can access their houses except during the actual stage.
The meeting was reopened and the two members of the public left the meeting.
- a)Planning Application: Briery Hill Lodge Briery Hill Lane Kilcot: Erection of a single storey rear extension and detached garage with associated works. Demolition of existing garage and rear porch - After a discussion, it was decided that the Parish Council’s response would be “The Parish Council has no objections to the application” however there was concerns that the plans did not correspond with the description of the development and it said Briery Hill on the website not Briery Lodge. The description of the application has been amended on Forest of Dean District Council website to the correct one: Briery Lodge: Change of use of agricultural land to domestic curtilage and erection of garage block.
- b)Planning Enforcement: The Conigree site will be inspected this week. Nothing has happened on the other two cases. The Clerk was reminded that the work on the hedgerow opposite The Poplars is due to be completed by 15th December and the work has not yet started.
- c)Planning Decisions: Holmbury, Kempley Road Gorsley: Erection of replacement garage and associated works. Demolition of existing garage – Approved.
- Division of footpath GGK36 in land adjacent to Conigree Road: All the documents had been circulated to the councillors and after a discussion, it was decided that Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council response would be “No objections”
- Payment to Information Commissioner’s Office by Direct Debit: The ICO fee has increased to £40 per annum but is reduced to £35 if paid by Direct Debit. If it were paid by Direct Debit, Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council would authorise it annually at the annual meeting. Cllr Nigel Poole proposed and Cllr. Catherine Gardiner seconded and it was agree unanimously to start paying ICO fee by Direct Debit.
- Agenda items for September meeting:
- b)Planning Enforcement
- Councillors’ and Clerk’s submissions – for information only:
- a)Part of Kilcot Green has been cleared and vegetation left on Kilcot Green
- c)Noticeboard at Kilcot Green is now with Cllr. Nigel Warwick as one of the Noticeboard posts was rotten.
- d)The work has not been completed on GGK31 and it was questioned if there was a time limit to the work.
- e)Meeting about Our Shared Forest – creating a new future for the future Forest of Dean on 10th December at 6pm at Forest of Dean District Council offices.
- f)Meeting with Martin Surl, Police and Crime Commissioner re Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service Governance review on 18th December at Forest of Dean District Council offices.