Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 25th February 2019 at 7.30pm
in Upper Room Christ Church Gorsley
Present: Cllr. Graham Price, Cllr Catherine Gardner and Cllr Nigel Poole,
In attendance: Mrs Margaret Highton (Clerk) and Arin Spencer (Clerk from 01/04/2019)
In absence of Cllr. Nigel Warwick, Cllr. Graham Price proposed, Cllr. Catherine Gardner seconded, and it was agreed unanimously that Cllr Nigel Poole should chair the meeting.
- Apologies for absence:
- Declaration of Interest: None
- 3.Requests for Dispensations: There had been no requests.
- Report from the Clerk on actions requested in the Minutes of 14th January not covered elsewhere in the agenda and Action Tracker: The Action Tracker had been circulated to all councillors. The Clerk reported that she had visited Ford Lane, where the barn was being built and it appeared to be in line with the Planning approval.
- Annual Parish Meeting: This meeting would be held on Monday 25th March at 7.30pm in Christ Church Gorsley. Cllr. Graham Price will be providing the wine and Councillors are to bring a plate of nibbles. Cllr Catherine Gardiner gave her apologises as she will be away.
- Registration of Aston Common: A reply had been received from Land Registry. Cllr. Graham Price proposed, Cllr Catherine Gardiner seconded and it was decided unanimously to defer the matter to the May agenda.
- 8.B4221 and related Matters:
- a)Responses from Andrew Middlecote re Highway Matters and Parish Roads Review: Andrew Middlecote only response to Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council’s letter was to say that the work on the grid at B4221/Burrups Lane junction would be done in February and Safety Inspector were happy with the gulley outside The Old School House.
- b)Lack of progress by Gloucestershire County Council implementing the LTP:
- c)Letter to Severn Trent Concerning the work on B4215: Clerk was asked to write a letter to Severn Trent and circulate to all Councillors before sending to Severn Trent ACTION CLERK to compose letter
- 9.Financial Matters:
- a)Payments made in the last two months and accounts to be paid: proposed, Cllr. Graham Price seconded, and it was agreed unanimously that the payments on the sheet attached to these minutes could be made in accordance with the budget.
- b)Appointment of Internal Auditor:
- c)Grant Applications: It was decided not to give any grants this year.
- d)Asset Register: This had been completed by Cllr. Nigel Warwick and the Clerk. The only concern re condition of the assets is the Kilcot Green Noticeboard, the supports have rotted and it is at present in Cllr. Nigel Warwick’s garage but this will be sorted out.
- 10.Planning Matters:
- Planning Application: Briery Hill, Briery Hill Lane Kilcot – Proposed replacement of windows on Northeast elevation and repairing of all other windows: After a discussion, it was agreed that the Parish Council response would be “No Objections”.
- Enforcement matters: The Clerk had spoken to the Enforcement Officer at Forest of Dean District Council. He is at present making site visits to Mr Harper’s field to gather evidence. He would be looking at the file on Box Bush Barns. A site visit on the land opposite The Poplar’s would be done soon.
- Decisions: Orchard House, Aston Ingham Road, Kilcot - Erection of single storey sunroom, first floor extension to create additional bedroom, installation of Velux windows to kitchen and erection of oak framed canopy with associated works. Demolition of existing conservatory had been approved. Planning Application at Lover’s Walk Gorsley had been refused by Herefordshire Council Planning Committee.
- Three Shires Stages Rally: The Parish Council had been consult on this event by Motorsport UK. It was felt that no comments needed to be made as each landowner would be advised separately.
- Keep Britain Tidy Campaign 2019: It was decided that parishioners would be asked to litter pick their immediate area. ACTION: CLERK to email parishioners.
- 13.Free First Aid Course: Gorsley & Kilcot Parish Council had been offered a free Basic First Aid Course by Gloucestershire County Council and the Clerk was asked to contact Margaret (Booking Secretary) at Gorsley Village hall to arrange a visit to see if the Hall was suitable. ACTION: CLERK to contact the Booking Secretary Margaret
- Division Order on Footpath GGK36 on Land adjacent to Conigree Road: There will no further comments to be made as the Parish Council had commented earlier in the process.
- Items for the next meeting’s agenda:
- a)Registration of Aston Common
- Councillors’ and Clerk’s submissions – for information only: None
Arin Spencer left the meeting
- 17.Matters relating to the New Clerk:
- a)Appointment of New Clerk: After interviews and successful references, Arin Spencer (Clerk at Kempley Parish Council) had been appointed to be Clerk from 01/04/2019
- b)Contact: The new Clerk’s contract had been circulated. Cllr Nigel Poole proposed, Cllr Catherine Gardner seconded and it was agreed unanimously to approve the new Clerk’s Contract.
- c)Computer: Arin Spencer had indicated that she did not require a printer or separate mobile phone. Cllr Nigel Poole proposed and Cllr. Graham Price seconded that the Clerk should purchase a computer for the use of the new Clerk. The computer being used by the present Clerk is old and slow.
As there was no further business, the meeting was closed.
These minutes will be approved at the next Parish Council Meeting